Work with Us
Welcome to the In The Hills work postings page, where we’ll be sharing news of any openings at the magazine or at inthehills.ca
See below for any current postings. Coming soon: Pitching guidelines for writers and other creatives.
1. Digital contributor
We’re growing our team of digital contributors – are you a good fit?
This contributor will work with the editorial and advertising teams to produce and populate our website with the newest quarterly content and ads – during fixed periods during September, November, March and June – and with occasional web-only content throughout the year. This contributor will monitor the site as necessary, forwarding messages and comments from the community to the appropriate team member.
This role also involves advising on SEO practices and trends, as well troubleshooting with our web provider should technical glitches arise. The successful candidate will also gather, share and analyze site metrics.
Opportunities for growth include working on special projects, digital marketing, newsletters, sponsored content and more. You’ll report to editor Tralee Pearce and be part of a small, dedicated work-from-home team located in or near Caledon, Dufferin and Erin.
Your skills and background
- a degree and/or certificate in digital media, journalism, communications, computer science or a related field
- a minimum one to three years of work experience
- a strong command of content management systems – we use WordPress – and recent experience creating and maintaining websites
- strong language and communication skills; excellent time and project management skills
- some command of (or ability to learn) various plug-ins including Gravity Forms, Yoast and The Events Calendar=
- some command of Google Workspace, Microsoft Word and Dropbox; knowledge of email marketing tools such as Constant Contact and best practices, especially around CASL
- some command of Adobe apps (including Photoshop) and video production for websites and social media platforms
- an in-depth knowledge of In The Hills, the topic areas we cover and our work (visit our archive: https://www.inthehills.ca/archive/)
- experience living in or near Caledon, Dufferin and Erin, or knowledge of and curiosity about the area
What we offer
In the range of 30-40 hours a quarter to begin; hours and starting rate to be discussed.
We’re offering immediate additional paid training and refresher sessions for the successful candidate.
How to apply
Please send a cover letter and a copy of your resume to [email protected] by July 1, 2022, and we’ll be in touch.
In The Hills is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We look forward to receiving applications from people who identify as non-binary, racialized, visible minorities, people with disabilities, 2SLGBTQ+ and Indigenous Peoples.