Made in the Hills – KIDS!
Enjoy a classical outing the whole family might enjoy, consider tickets to the Moscow Ballet’s Sleeping Beauty at the Rose Theatre in Brampton on March 6.
It can be hard to get kids moving in the winter, but dancing can do just that. Consider lessons at one of the local dance schools, such as Orangeville’s Academy of Performing Arts 1 which offers everything from ballet to hip hop. For young musicians consider a handmade instrument from Sproule’s Emporium 2 on Broadway. For older kids starting to download their music of choice, consider the very groovy RAD Block acoustic docking system made with reclaimed wood from Mono Centre Salvage & Wood Co. 3 And in the über-cool category, there’s also watches or (less-expensive) bracelets made from broken skateboards at Orangeville’s 2nd Shot 4. Finally, for a classical outing the whole family might enjoy, consider tickets to the Moscow Ballet’s Sleeping Beauty at the Rose Theatre 5 in Brampton on March 6
- Academy of Performing Arts $425 1 hr/week, Sep-June. 133 Broadway, Orangeville. 519-941-4103, academyofperformingarts.info
- Sproule’s Emporium Musical instruments $6.42–$205. 153 Broadway, Orangeville. 519-941-3621, sproulesemporium.ca
- Mono Centre Salvage and Wood Company RAD Block $55. Matthew Wood, Mono Centre. 647-408-9001, monocentresalvage.com
- 2nd Shot Bracelets $49.95, watches $225 and up. 109 Montgomery Blvd, Orangeville. 519-307-0868, 2ndshot.ca
- Rose Theatre Moscow Ballet $64–$69. 1 Theatre Lane, Brampton. 905-874-2800, rosetheatre.ca