Made in the Hills – Sweet Tooth
When you want a hostess gift or simply some pure indulgence for the family try one of these sweet shops!
When you want a hostess gift or simply some pure indulgence for the family, you can’t go wrong with handmade chocolates from Alexandre Chocolates 1 in Bolton, The Chocolate Shop 2 in Orangeville or Debora’s Chocolates 3 in Erin. Or drop by The Olde Stanton Store 4 for Christmas-flavoured fudge (candy cane, eggnog and cranberry). No time to bake? Try the Christmas bread wreath from Holtom’s Bakery 5 in Erin, or a tray of sweets from Mercato Fine Foods 6 in Bolton, or the addictively delicious shortbread from Wicked Shortbread 7 in Orangeville. And a stocking stuffer of Leitch’s Honey 8 or Hockley Honey 9 will sweeten any toddy.
- Alexandre Chocolates Christmas gifts $7.99–$199. 104 Rolling Hills Lane, Bolton. 647-239-9555, alexandrefgifts.com (note, store location on website is outdated, business now operated from home)
- The Chocolate Shop $1.60 for 1, $36.50 for 28. 114 Broadway, Orangeville. 519-941-8968, thechocolateshop.ca
- Debora’s Chocolates Truffles 8 for $12.75–28 for $42. 100 Main St, Erin. 519-833-2092, deboraschocolate.com
- The Olde Stanton Store Fudge $15.98 per pound. Airport Rd and 5 Sdrd, Mulmur. 705-435-6898, oldestantonstore.com
- Holtom’s Bakery Egg bread wreath $4.50. 78 Main St, Erin. 519-833-2326
- Mercato Fine Foods Amaretti (almond) cookies $40–$45 tray. 1 Queensgate Blvd, Bolton. 905- 857-9040, mercatofinefoods.ca
- Wicked Shortbread $8.95/box. 96 Broadway, Orangeville. 519- 307-5000, wickedshortbread.com
- Leitch’s Honey $5–$12/jar. 39 South Park Dr, Orangeville as well as retailers throughout the region. 519-942-1380, leitchshoney.com
- Hockley Honey $10–$15/ jar. 834048 Hockley Valley Rd as well as retailers throughout the region. 519-941-5505, hockleyhoney.com