Renae trusted Fabrizio so completely that she let him set the menu for the wedding. “‘I don’t care what you serve,’ I said. ‘This is my budget. Go for it.’”
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 5 tsp all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup Marsala wine
- 10 oz (280g) mushrooms, sliced (white or portobello)
- 2 cups chicken stock
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place chicken breasts between sheets of plastic wrap and, with kitchen mallet, carefully pound chicken breast until thin (about ¼ inch thick)
- Dredge chicken in flour until coated on both sides. Heat vegetable oil in skillet, sauté garlic for 30 seconds. Add chicken breasts and cook about 3 minutes on each side, then remove from skillet and place into ovenproof casserole dish.
- Deglaze skillet with Marsala wine, making sure to scrape the bottom, loosening all brown bits. Add mushrooms and sauté quickly. Add chicken stock and simmer until sauce begins to thicken.
- Pour mushrooms and sauce over chicken breasts in casserole dish. Bake uncovered for 20 minutes. Sauce will thicken and reduce a little more.
- Serve with pasta or potatoes.