During his check points he must complete a lot in a small amount of time (if you watch NASCAR you will understand)
Day 7 ended with a solid 80km accomplished and a warm night at home. As you have all requested I have listed the itinerary below. Please come out and cheer Cody on for Day 8. Please keep in mind the times may vary…also please refer to the “rules and regulations”…we are highly official.
Checkpoint #2- at approximately 5:00pm- ** A bit behind, it’s been a rough day!
Hwy 89 & Hurontario Rd * Look for the cell towers
Checkpoint #3- at approximately ?pm-
On Dundby Rd. *Bruce trail Parking/ between 2nd Line EHS & 3rd Line EHS
Finish- at approximately ?pm
On Airport Rd, between Hockley valley Rd and 5th sideroad
9:00 pm – Finish for the day – On Airport Rd, between Hockley valley Rd and 5th sideroad
Look for the VW Bus, see you all tomorrow.
Quote of the Day-
Alli- “okay well… just try to find the silver lining”
Cody- “ oh yes, soooo much silver” (slight sarcasm)
Rules and Regulations as stated in the previous blog;
The next few pieces of information are crucial, as support crew it is my job to relay this to you.
1. Cody is extremely pleased to hear how many of your wish to meet up and cheer him on. Your words and support really keep him moving south
2. to keep up his pace and keep his muscles moving Cody only spends 15 minuets at each check point (typically this is 10…but he really wants to see you all)
3. No question is a stupid question. However Kyle & I will be curious to see how many creative ways Cody can answer “how are ya feeling?”. We have gotten a few spectacular replies out of him thus far.
4. During his check points he must complete a lot in a small amount of time (if you watch NASCAR you will understand)
5. Depending on what time of day you meet with us may not be meeting with Cody…but instead with a quieter version we like to call “Zombie Cody”
6. Lastly and yet most important, Cody is very, very sore. No hugs allowed, sorry guys (besides he is normally drenched with sweat it looks like he has been swimming, its really for your own good)
Please don’t let this discourage you from coming out and supporting him, it’s just the nature of the game. Having all of the positive company is huge fuel and a force like no other.