Local Heroes 2013
Our annual salute to the extraordinary people who make our community a better place to live.
People are the bedrock of a community, and in the hills there are many who contain veins of pure gold. Our local heroes this year come from different walks of life and have different interests, but they all share one characteristic: working for the common good. Their contributions form a foundation of care and service that supports the hearts and souls of those whose lives they touch, and the solid base on which we all thrive. We can be proud to call them our own.
- Wanda & Wayne White helped construct the bridge on Island Lake
- Carl Cosack fought to save our land from quarry development
- Steve Brown, “tells real stories about real people”
- Harvey Kolodny, takes a quiet approach to changing the world.
- Lynda Lidwill, Wendy McDonald, Roseanne Rutledge, Judy Lomas and Jane Howard are ICU nurses
- Don Lobb has a remarkable ability to make dirt fascinating
- Mary Vervoort helps youth make choices
- Kasia Seydegart chairs the Bethell Hospice Foundation