Made in the Hills – Winter Adventure
Get out there, get cold and warm up with great pub food with a focus on local suppliers
Start with a Hudson’s Bay blanket tote from DéjàVu Design 1 (available at Dragonfly Arts). They’re made from real Hudson’s Bay blankets. Add a scarf and a hat of warm alpaca wool made by Kai-Liis McInnes 2 – she even raises the alpacas! Then throw in a ski-lift ticket at Hockley Valley Resort 3 with lunch at Babbo 3 on-site. Or make it a day of cross-country skiing at Mansfield Outdoor Centre 4 with lunch at Terra Nova Public House just down the road– great pub food with a focus on local suppliers.
- DéjàVu Design Laura Levitt Hudson’s Bay Totes $150, available at Dragonfly Arts. dejavutextiles.com
- Kai-Liis McInnes Headband $40, toque $90. 836100 4th Line East, Mulmur. 519-925-0421, kai-liis.com
- Hockley Valley Resort & Babbo Lift tickets $47. Hockley Valley Rd at 3rd Line, Mono. 519-942-0754, hockley.com
- Mansfield Outdoor Centre Adult trail pass with rental $40. Airport Rd north of Mansfield. 705-435-4479, mansfieldoutdoorcentre.ca
- Terra Nova Public House 667294 20 Sdrd, Mulmur. 705-466-5992, terranovapub.ca