Skip to content

Community

Letters – Our Readers Write: Summer 2020

Jun 25, 2020 | Our Readers | Letters, Our Readers Write

Letters published in the Summer 2020 edition of In The Hills magazine.

Messing with Our Sense of Time

Jun 25, 2020 | Bethany Lee | Headwaters Nest

Are we in the middle of the pandemic, approaching the end, or is it just the beginning?

Herb Hastings celebrated his 71st birthday at the summit of Mount Kilimanjaro with his daughter Annette. Photo Courtesy Herb Hastings.

Herb Hastings

Jun 25, 2020 | Gail Grant | Over the Next Hill

Herb Hastings is an original member of the Achill Choral Society, is working on his 13th end-to-end trek of the Bruce Trail by hiking 30 to 50 kilometres every week.

Quarantini with a twist: Writer Gail Grant settles in for a Skype chat with a distant friend. Photo by Pete Paterson.

Home Alone

Jun 25, 2020 | Gail Grant | Over the Next Hill

Living solo in the era of Covid-19

A family finds both continuity with the past and dreams fulfilled in a historic log house in Caledon. Photo by Erin Fitzgibbon.

Safe Haven in a Log Cabin

Jun 25, 2020 | Janice Quirt | At Home in the Hills

A family finds both continuity with the past and dreams fulfilled in a historic log house in Caledon.

RaDeana Montgomery

“I am now on my third sewing machine”

Jun 23, 2020 | RaDeana Montgomery | Pandemic Journals

How an amateur stitcher found purpose in making masks.

“All my paid work is suspended”

May 20, 2020 | Jane Mountain | Pandemic Journals

This volunteer now makes grocery deliveries to seniors for free.

“I knew I had to say ‘yes!’”

May 20, 2020 | Melissa Cianfarani | Pandemic Journals

How this Bolton emergency childcare provider helps frontline workers do their jobs.

Telling Tales Out Loud

Mar 24, 2020 | Anthony Jenkins | Arts

Audiobooks and podcasts have produced a resurgence in oral storytelling, but for the Dufferin Circle of Storytellers the ancient art never went away.

Our Stories, Ourselves

Mar 24, 2020 | Signe Ball | Editor’s Desk

At In The Hills our job is to tell the stories of our community.

The entrance to the Shortills’ cozy new home on a chilly winter night. The house was built by Orangeville’s Dalerose Homes. Photo by Rosemary Hasner / Black Dog Creative Arts.

Letters – Our Readers Write: Spring 2020

Mar 24, 2020 | Our Readers | Letters, Our Readers Write

Letters published in the Spring 2020 edition of In The Hills magazine.

A Halfway Henhouse

Mar 24, 2020 | Dan Needles | Fence Posts

Chicken police from the provincial marketing board patrol the neighbourhood in big black Escalades.

Submit Your Event

Submit your community, arts or nonprofit event to What's On in the print edition and online calendar of In The Hills. It's quick and it's free.

Add Your Community Event

Upcoming Events

Mon 13

20/20

June 20, 2020 @ 10:00 am - June 20, 2021 @ 5:00 pm
Mon 13

20/20

June 21, 2020 @ 10:00 am - June 21, 2021 @ 5:00 pm
Mon 13

20/20

June 24, 2020 @ 10:00 am - June 24, 2021 @ 5:00 pm

In The Hills is an independent, locally owned print and online magazine that has earned its reputation as the best-read, best-loved magazine in Headwaters.

The magazine is delivered to more than 40,000 homes and farms throughout Caledon, Erin, Dufferin, Orangeville and Creemore – up to double the circulation of any other local publication. And it is available to visitors at local inns, restaurants, specialty retail stores and other tourist locations.