Skip to content

Community

Our favourite picks for summer 2012

Jun 19, 2012 | In The Hills | Back Issues | Departments | In Every Issue | Must Do | Summer 2012

Must Do! A highly selective guide to the picks of the season.

Up, up and away: Brampton Flight Centre offers would-be pilots“three-dimensional freedom”

Jun 19, 2012 | Nicola Ross | Back Issues | Departments | Good Sport | In Every Issue | Leisure

I was making big swooping manoeuvres, feeling as if I were a kid running across the lawn with my arms outstretched playing airplane.

Presiding Spirit

Jun 19, 2012 | Pam Purves | At Home in the Hills

Julia Gilmore and her son Adam, now 14, have become community celebrities: she with her studio exhibitions each November and Adam with a budding film career.

Fridge Friends

Jun 19, 2012 | Bethany Lee | Back Issues | Departments | Headwaters Nest | In Every Issue | Summer 2012

I like the idea of being adopted into another family’s fridge Bill of Rights, of being accepted on this most basic level. It says, “What’s mine is yours” and “I trust you not to judge me.”

The Barn

May 28, 2012 | Christine Thomas | Blogs | Leisure | Red Squirrel Musings

Do you have a barn? Does it have history? Tell me about it!

Love among the ruins at the Alton Mill

May 18, 2012 | Liz Beatty | Back Issues

Set in the stone ruins under the stars, a rustic summer wedding and vegetarian feast was like a mid-summer night’s dream come true.

Kitchen Consequential

May 18, 2012 | Cecily Ross | Back Issues

It’s the little things that make the Fanzo kitchen special. But it’s the big things that make it great!

Putting Headwaters on the culinary map

May 18, 2012 | Cecily Ross | Back Issues

Headwaters is emerging as the hottest new culinary region in Canada!

The Last Word

May 12, 2012 | Jeff Rollings | Blogs | Hunger Awareness Week

A current client of the Caledon Food Support Program weighs in on Hunger Awareness Week

Day 5 Piggy

May 11, 2012 | Jeff Rollings | Blogs | Hunger Awareness Week

A more visceral, tummy-rumbling empathy

Day 4 Perspective

May 10, 2012 | Jeff Rollings | Blogs | Hunger Awareness Week

Hunger is an insidious disease inflicting humanity. It’s no better or worse, be it in Caledon East or Port-au-Prince

Day 3 Dwindling Resources

May 9, 2012 | Jeff Rollings | Blogs | Hunger Awareness Week

For people who live like this week-in and week-out, I can only imagine the stress involved in endlessly fretting over making it until the next hamper.