The BEST Apple Chutney
Autumn is finally here and that means one thing… Apple Chutney! This recipe HAS to be made!
Autumn is finally here and that means one thing… Apple Chutney!
I LOVE this recipe.
In fact even my 11 year old son will eat half a jar at one sitting with crackers and cheddar cheese. This recipe is FANTASTIC and I have won awards for it at the Orangeville Fall Fair.
I first made this recipe when it was given to me by a good friend. Since then I have passed it on because this recipe HAS to be made! So as the leaves turn colour and the apple farms are filled with families again, I shall pass it on to you!
World's Best Apple Chutney
Makes 8 or 9 (250 ml) jars.
To Start - Chop these all up good and put in a big pot!
- 4 – Medium Tomatoes (Leave the skins on)
- 8 – Medium Cooking Onions
- 5 – Medium MacIntosh Apples (Leave the skins on)
- 2 – Large Green Onion
- 2 – Large Red Onions
- 4 Cups – White Vinegar
- 2 Cups – White Sugar
- 1 Cup – Brown Sugar
- 2 Tbsp – Salt
- 2 Tsp – Cinnamon
- 2 Tsp – Ground Cloves
- 2 Tsp – Allspice
- Bring everything to a boil and then simmer for 2 hours.
- Will make 8 or 9 (250 ml) jars.
- Process in hot water bath for 10 minutes
Share with your friends