Skip to content

Community

Local Heroes 2021

Nov 29, 2021 | In The Hills | Local Heroes

Our 14th annual salute to local people who make a difference – we’re grateful to each of them for making 2021 a whole lot brighter for so many.

Nature Booster: Janice McClelland

Nov 29, 2021 | Alison McGill | Local Heroes

How the Erin resident transformed a passion for the outdoors into many fruitful years of volunteering for the Bruce Trail Conservancy.

Ice Angel: Ken Hunt

Nov 29, 2021 | Nicola Ross | Local Heroes

Thanks to this community builder, the Palgrave Mill Pond is a place where the village meets in winter to skate, play shinny and connect.

Inspired by Matthew: Valerie and Shannon McGrady

Nov 29, 2021 | Jeff Rollings | Local Heroes

The mother-daughter duo advocated for Orangeville’s new Bravery Park – which honours all military personnel, including their late son and brother.

Stand Tall: Jim Waddington

Meet one of the driving forces behind Orangeville’s annual Celebrate Your Awesome event, a salute to pride and diversity in Dufferin County.

Phone Friends: TeleCheck Volunteers

We salute three longtime volunteers with TeleCheck, a free telephone check-in service for people older than 55 who are living in their own homes.

Gifts From The Heart

Nov 29, 2021 | Signe Ball | Editor’s Desk

Amid the despair and struggle, there have been encouraging signs of the resilience of the human spirit.

Winter Contributors

Nov 29, 2021 | In The Hills | Contributors

Introducing three of the creative people – Tracey Fockler, Scott Bruyea and Tony Reynolds – behind the winter issue.

Letters – Our Readers Write: Winter 2021

Nov 29, 2021 | Our Readers | Letters, Our Readers Write

Letters published in the Winter 2021 edition of In The Hills magazine.

Meet the Maker: Elizabeth Bryan

Nov 29, 2021 | Janice Quirt | Made in the Hills

This Orangeville weaver expanded her repertoire by making an outdoor sport of dyeing silk scarves in the snow.

Local Buys: Winter 2021

Nov 29, 2021 | Janice Quirt | Made in the Hills

Cozy knits, chic home upgrades and handcrafted kid presents.

Call Me!

Nov 29, 2021 | Bethany Lee | Headwaters Nest

So many old phone numbers came rushing back to me when I was doing some cleaning recently and found a tiny leather address book.