Local Heroes 2017
A salute to those who make a difference by Jeff Rollings and Nicola Ross.
“I have been impressed with the urgency of doing.
Knowing is not enough; we must apply.
Being willing is not enough; we must do.”
—Leonardo da Vinci
Welcome to the tenth edition of our annual salute to local people who make a difference. This year, like every other, we feature people from all different walks of life. They are philanthropists, caregivers, role models and visionaries. All share one common thread: They have heard a call to action, and responded with quiet determination, passion and persistence. We are fortunate to have them among us.
- Susan Reynolds – The Creative Curator
- Dave Moule – Maven, Connector, Salesperson
- Jan Hannah – A Dog’s Best Friend
- Gogo Grannies – Millions of Grandchildren
- John Wilson – Community Health Champion
- Jay Mowat – Collaborator Extraordinaire
- Quilts Of Valour – Dufferin – A Hug from the Nation
- Ted Zarudny – Flower Power
Not a single hero under the age of fifty and not white.
How very Dufferin of you.
Olde Cory from Orangeville on Jan 11, 2018 at 3:30 pm |