Skip to content

Community

Fit for Life

Sep 11, 2015 | Gail Grant | Over the Next Hill

Exercise makes me happy. It energizes me and forges strong links with like-minded people to share challenges, laughter, experiences, wisdom, and even the odd great recipe.

What’s for Dinner?

Sep 11, 2015 | Bethany Lee | Autumn 2015 | Back Issues | Departments | Headwaters Nest | In Every Issue

I enjoy cooking, even short order. It’s a great pleasure for me and one I take pride in.

A Breath of Fresh Air

Sep 11, 2015 | Pam Purves | At Home in the Hills

This Mulmur house was designed from the ground up with healthy living in mind.

Humans of Orangeville

Aug 5, 2015 | Laurie May | Blogs | Leisure | Two Blue Boots

“It is more important to click with people than to click the shutter”
– Alfred Eisenstaedt

I Fell off my Horse

Jun 25, 2015 | Laurie May | Blogs | Leisure | Two Blue Boots

“Writing about a writer’s block is better than not writing at all”
— Charles Bukowski, The Last Night of the Earth Poems

Our favourite picks for Summer 2015

Jun 16, 2015 | In The Hills | Back Issues | Departments | In Every Issue | Must Do | Summer 2015

Must ogle delphiniums, check out Beds, Booze & Busy Bodies at the museum and must attend Authors in the Hills of Mulmur Festival.

A Favourite Duck

Jun 16, 2015 | Dan Needles | Fence Posts

Ferdinand followed Duke around all day, trying to chase cats with him and bark when visitors arrived.

Up, Up and Away!

Jun 16, 2015 | Bethany Lee | Back Issues | Departments | Headwaters Nest | In Every Issue | Summer 2015

It’s been a smooth flight. I can’t wait to get there.

Cleaning Out the Closets

Jun 16, 2015 | Gail Grant | Over the Next Hill

As each decade has clicked into the next, one thing in my life has remained constant: lack of adequate closet space.

Paddling in Caledon

Jun 16, 2015 | Nicola Ross | Back Issues | Departments | Good Sport | In Every Issue | Leisure | Summer 2015

Needing to maintain my balance added an interesting dimension to traditional yoga, but what appealed to me most was the fresh breeze and warm sunshine in our open-air “studio.”

The Little House Down the Lane

Jun 16, 2015 | Pam Purves | At Home in the Hills

The owner knew from the start that she wanted a small stone house and looked for two years before learning of this one from a friend in the area.

Our favourite picks for Spring 2015

Mar 23, 2015 | In The Hills | Back Issues | Departments | In Every Issue | Must Do | Spring 2015

“I’m Your Fan” by Allan Boers. Part of the photography show Auto Exposed: A Snap from the Past to a Shot of the Future.