Skip to content

Community

Bob Burnside

Nov 17, 2014 | Jeff Rollings | Local Heroes

Bob Burnside says, “I’m always optimistic. I always think the next person I meet will be my best friend; I always think the deal will go well.”

Headwaters Human Library Books

For people who serve as “books” in the Headwaters Human Library, the courage to talk openly about the differences among us is second nature.

Chricket Yule

Nov 17, 2014 | Tralee Pearce | Local Heroes

Nineteen years ago, Erin resident Chricket Yule didn’t exactly set out to create a long-term recreational program for kids with special needs, let alone one that has galvanized her community and sparked lifelong friendships.

Ronnie Inglis

Over her more than 35 years in health care, Ronnie (Veronica) Inglis touched many lives. And today, her impact and leadership are as strong as ever.

Millpond Hockey at the Alton Mill

Nov 17, 2014 | Tony Reynolds | Leisure

What could be more Canadian than lacing up to play on the pond?

Our Favourite Picks for Winter 2014

Nov 17, 2014 | In The Hills | Back Issues | Departments | In Every Issue | Must Do | Winter 2014

Must shop, deck the halls, cheer and boo!

A Hymn to the Small Hall

Nov 17, 2014 | Dan Needles | Fence Posts

The community hall is one of the very last places where we are allowed to get together and make something out of nothing, just for the fun of it.

Fat Bikes – the Action’s in the Traction

Nov 17, 2014 | Nicola Ross | Leisure

For these “fatty” enthusiasts, the coming of winter no longer spells the end of the ride.

A Week Without Screens

Nov 17, 2014 | Bethany Lee | Back Issues | Departments | Headwaters Nest | In Every Issue | Winter 2014

Over the week we got into some serious battles in the mornings, pushing the time envelope until everyone had to rush off to work and school.

A Timely Salvation

Nov 17, 2014 | Pam Purves | At Home in the Hills

An abandoned stone church in Caledon is blessed with a second life.

Spa Brain

Oct 17, 2014 | Laurie May | Blogs | Leisure | Two Blue Boots

“The time to relax is when you don’t have time for it”—Sidney Harris

Club Art

Sep 11, 2014 | Liz Beatty | Arts

The words “High on Art” dominate this happy mayhem, and so they should.