Skip to content

Community

A toddler makes magic in the garden

Jun 15, 2010 | Bethany Lee | Headwaters Nest

My son learned more first-hand than I could have imagined about plants and animals. His garden creation was inspected daily and watered with care. “It’s magic!” he exclaimed.

Living with Mother Nature

Jun 9, 2010 | Christine Thomas | Blogs | Leisure | Red Squirrel Musings

Christine Thomas is learning to live with the weather. Her cardinal rule: pay attention to Mother Nature – and be prepared for anything!

The Comfort of “To Do” Lists

May 10, 2010 | Christine Thomas | Blogs | Leisure | Red Squirrel Musings

Christine Thomas takes the next step in the journey of making a life in the country. First up: make a To Do list. Then another. And another….

Moving Up to the Country

Apr 5, 2010 | Christine Thomas | Blogs | Leisure | Red Squirrel Musings

RED SQUIRREL MUSINGS — In her inaugural blog post, Christine Thomas shares her experience about moving up to the country.

Bethell House: A Tranquil Home Away from Home

Mar 21, 2010 | Iain Richmond

Bethell House not only offers a tranquil setting for those at the end of life and their families, but it is a remarkable cross-community effort that truly proves the adage that it takes a village.

Bundle of Joy?

Mar 21, 2010 | Laura LaRocca | Back Issues

Babies arrive trailing clouds of happy expectations. But often those first few months can be anything but a joyful experience. Fortunately, this region is rich in programs to help mothers cope.

visit starthrowerfoundation.org

Our favourite picks for spring 2010

Mar 21, 2010 | In The Hills | Back Issues | Departments | In Every Issue | Must Do | Spring 2010

Our own highly selective “picks” of just some of the things that make life such a distinctive pleasure here in the hills.

The Journey Back Upstream

Mar 21, 2010 | Bethany Lee | Back Issues | Departments | Headwaters Nest | In Every Issue | Spring 2010

As I headed to the hills every weekend for rest, relaxation and Sunday hikes, it finally occurred to me – these hills are my home. I realized it was time to head back upstream.

Local Heros 2009

Local Heroes: Ten Extraordinary People

Nov 15, 2009 | Jeff Rollings | Back Issues | Local Heroes | Winter 2009

It’s people who make a community. And our second annual celebration of local heroes is a salute to ten extraordinary people who define our community at its best.

Heather Broadbent

Heather Broadbent: Captive on the Carousel of Time

Local Hero: Heather Broadbent is Caledon’s respected heritage expert.

Doc Gillies: The Fixer

Local Hero: Doc Gillies is a legendary community champion.

Jade Scognamillo

Jade Scognamillo: Our Lady of the Lakes

Local Hero: Jade’s powerhouse Lake Erie swim went in the record books!

Submit Your Event

Submit your community, arts or nonprofit event to What's On in the print edition and online calendar of In The Hills. It's quick and it's free.

Add Your Community Event

In The Hills is an independent, locally owned print and online magazine that has earned its reputation as the best-read, best-loved magazine in Headwaters.

The magazine is delivered to more than 40,000 homes and farms throughout Caledon, Erin, Dufferin, Orangeville and Creemore – up to double the circulation of any other local publication. And it is available to visitors at local inns, restaurants, specialty retail stores and other tourist locations.