Skip to content

Community

This Old House

Nov 19, 2013 | Dan Needles | Fence Posts

There is one stubborn neuron in this neighbourhood’s collective brain that will not die and it makes people refer to my house as The Old Currie Place.

Our Favourite Picks for Winter 2013

Nov 19, 2013 | In The Hills | Back Issues | Departments | In Every Issue | Must Do | Winter 2013

Must sing, dance, read, play hockey and eat local food!

A Path to Stillness, Clarity and Wisdom

Nov 19, 2013 | Nicola Ross | Back Issues | Departments | Good Sport | In Every Issue | Leisure | Winter 2013

The International Tai Chi Centre in Mono draws people from around the world to practise the ancient art.

Nestled on a Hockley Hillside

Nov 19, 2013 | Pam Purves | At Home in the Hills

Built like a little village, this house encompasses two visions of home.

Photographic Memories

Nov 19, 2013 | Bethany Lee | Back Issues | Departments | Headwaters Nest | In Every Issue | Winter 2013

Snap, snap, snap – take a photo or two, or a few for the record. Then put the camera down and just be present.

No Time for Banana Bread

Nov 6, 2013 | Laurie May | Blogs | Leisure | Two Blue Boots

Little did we know we would slowly discover that “country folk” are the hardest working people on the face of the Earth.

Friends of their Youth

Sep 11, 2013 | Bernadette Hardaker

The friendship among graduates of the old ‘school on the hill’ has stood the test of time.

Our favourite picks for Autumn 2013

Sep 11, 2013 | In The Hills | Autumn 2013 | Back Issues | Departments | In Every Issue | Must Do

Must party, must fill the Vial of Life, must eat and drink and tick off!

A Country Practice

Sep 11, 2013 | Dan Needles | Fence Posts

Apart from the little tufts of dental floss sticking out of her head, she looked pretty good.

Go, Braves, Go!

Sep 11, 2013 | Bethany Lee | Autumn 2013 | Back Issues | Departments | Headwaters Nest | In Every Issue

It was a summer that shone so brightly for me that I will never forget it, and neither will my son.

My Not-So-Glorious Hockey Career

Sep 11, 2013 | Nicola Ross | Good Sport

But then, winning isn’t everything for the Caledon Women’s Hockey League.

Living with History

Sep 11, 2013 | Pam Purves | At Home in the Hills

George Booth has gone back to school – at the Silver Creek schoolhouse.