Skip to content

Community

Name that Blog

Sep 9, 2013 | Laurie May | Blogs | Leisure | Two Blue Boots

After assessing all the blog names that I could find, I still couldn’t come up with something uniquely personal. I was starting to get discouraged.

The Case for Food Hubs

Aug 15, 2013 | In The Hills | FOOD Autumn - Winter 2013

Barb Imrie, who helped start the Palgrave Community Kitchen in 2009, hopes it will go on to become part of a thriving community food hub.

Head Shot

Jul 24, 2013 | Laurie May | Blogs | Leisure | Two Blue Boots

“There are no bad pictures; that’s just how your face looks sometimes.” Abraham Lincoln

Guilt

Jun 19, 2013 | Laurie May | Two Blue Boots

“Food, love, career, and mothers are the four major guilt groups.” – Cathy Guisewite

The Year of the Grape

Jun 17, 2013 | Dan Needles | Fence Posts

My son came home one weekend early last spring and asked, “Why don’t you plant some grapevines here on the farm, Dad?”

Our favourite picks for summer 2013

Jun 17, 2013 | In The Hills | Back Issues | Departments | In Every Issue | Must Do | Summer 2013

Building bridges, whales, walls of stone and Orangeville’s sesquicentennial celebration!

Lessons from a Champion

Jun 17, 2013 | Nicola Ross | Good Sport

On the green with golf legend Sandra Post.

A Farm Kid’s Reward

Jun 17, 2013 | Bethany Lee | Back Issues | Departments | Headwaters Nest | In Every Issue | Summer 2013

Down we would go to the CNE, with horses, food, and family squeezed in tightly.

A Home Designed for Generations

Jun 17, 2013 | Pam Purves | At Home in the Hills

The property had to have a swimming pond, privacy and a great view.

Soothing the Senses

Mar 31, 2013 | Michele Green | Back Issues

Sensory gardens engage the senses and reduce stress. Textures, such as the soft, furry leaves of woolly lamb’s ear, encourage touching…

Our favourite picks for Spring 2013

Mar 31, 2013 | In The Hills | Back Issues | Departments | In Every Issue | Must Do | Spring 2013

Whether you’re an oenologist, an oenophile or someone who just likes to try a new wine from time to time, Wines of the World is an opportunity to taste more than 60 vintages from various countries.

Chicken for Dinner

Mar 31, 2013 | Dan Needles | Fence Posts

I am allowed to grow a small number for my own use, but if I tried to sell the eggs or the broilers in any quantity, I would be visited by a chicken policeman in a big black Ford.