Skip to content

Community

Fall Fair Fare

Aug 19, 2011 | Nicola Ross | Farming

The traditions of the annual agricultural fair were brought to Canada by British settlers.

Midway Delights

Aug 19, 2011 | Nicola Ross | Back Issues

Jean Denison finds the Erin Fair’s Optimist fries hard to resist, but she can’t resist the church pies either.

Can she make an apple pie?

Aug 19, 2011 | Cecily Ross | Back Issues

Pie judging is a complex, dirty job, but someone has to do it!

Islands of Calm

Aug 19, 2011 | Cecily Ross | Back Issues

A Mulmur country kitchen embodies order and serenity in the midst of a young family’s busy life

Maureen Baufeldt 1942 – 2011

Aug 19, 2011 | Signe Ball

No detail was too small for Maureen’s attention. She set the standards high for her staff, but higher still for herself.

My dog, Bruce, and Me.

Jul 11, 2011 | Christine Thomas | Blogs | Leisure | Red Squirrel Musings

Today is the first day I am able to think of nothing else but trees, birds, blue skies and my dog.

Wondering where your copy of Summer In The Hills is?

Jun 27, 2011 | Online Editor | Blogs

You can view the current articles online, we’d love to have your thoughts, comments and questions on any of our stories.

A Day in the Life of a Volunteer Firefighter

Jun 16, 2011 | Brandon Muir | Back Issues

A simple “click” is sometimes all it takes. Somebody is having a bad day. That “click” is the emergency radio channel, XJI 799, coming on line.

Our favourite picks for summer

Jun 16, 2011 | In The Hills | Back Issues | Departments | In Every Issue | Must Do | Summer 2011

Our favourite picks for summer, must pickle, must golf, must row, must indulge and must see!

A Courtly Romance

Jun 16, 2011 | Nicola Ross | Good Sport

Croquet, at least the version I was about to learn, is both remarkably like and completely different from what most kids play.

The Joy of Shortcuts

Jun 16, 2011 | Bethany Lee | Back Issues | Departments | Headwaters Nest | In Every Issue | Summer 2011

The shortcuts that really interest me are the informal ones that develop naturally through use over time.

What would Granny say?

May 14, 2011 | Nancy Falconer

Sleek and sexy, this young couple’s country kitchen simmers with urban chic.